Asia Education Foundation
The Asia Education Foundation (AEF) is a joint activity of Asialink at the University of Melbourne and Education Services Australia (ESA). It receives core funding from the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
The Asia Education Foundation advocates for and supports Asia literacy in Australian schools. It provides schools, teachers and principals with a range of resources and services that engage young Australians with Asia.
Asia Education Foundation services include:
- curriculum resources and advice
- grants for schools
- professional learning programs for teachers and principals
- ICT projects linking schools in Australia and Asia
- Asia Literacy Ambassadors
- study tours and conferences in Asia
- discussion groups for teachers
- AEF e-News.
ESA developed and supports the Asia Education Foundation website. Digital and print resources can be accessed and downloaded, and the Access Asia range of materials can be purchased from Curriculum Press.