myfuture is Australia's free national online career information and exploration service. It is aimed at all Australians wishing to explore their career options, especially students. The service also provides information and activities for those assisting young people and adults with their career planning. myfuture is a joint initiative of the Australian, State and Territory governments.
myfuture is an interactive, user-driven website that provides a range of interactive and information resources including:
- My Quiz and Mini Career Explorer quick career quizzes
- the My Guide personal career exploration and decision making tool
- occupation and industry profiles
- labour market and salary information
- links, articles, audiocasts and videos
- helpful hints and tips about writing resumes, finding a job, preparing for job interviews and changing career paths.
Users can search myfuture for over 18,000 courses and 2,000 scholarships opportunities offered by Australian universities and training providers.
Education Services Australia (ESA) was contracted by the Australian Government to develop myfuture and has hosted and maintained the service since 2002. This includes data management, content and career tool development, marketing and technical support. ESA and the Asia Education Foundation and the Australian Industry Group developed the Work and Asia Skills section of the myfuture website in 2010. This project was funded through the National Asian Languages and Studies in Schools Program.